12.09.2008

New Music: Kid Cudi - Super Boo


Interesting conversation I had with Exel today. Apparently, Kid Cudi is an asshole. I am not saying that this is something that is true, but that sucks.

Moving on, I peeped this song over at Nah Right and since I happened to be listening to "Day N Nite" at the time, I decided to give it a listen. Now I want to say something first.

Is Cudi a rapper? Or an R&B singer? Or an 808's & Heartbreak kinda singer?

I am serious. What exactly does he even do? Someone tell me this.

Anyway, moving on...at first I hated the song. Now that I think about it...I still do. The only part of the song I like is the beat and the breakdown. The breakdown is almost...drawing. It just keeps me enthralled in it. That is the only part of the song I really like.

But back to the question at hand...what is Cudi?

Jessica shed some light on this before I post the pictures we took yesterday!!

2 Comments:

Indy said...

Cudi is like Cee-Lo from Goodie Mob. (Now before all you hip hop fans kill me, let me explain). Cudi sings, and raps. He is like a hybrid artist and has the potential to go pop like Cee-Lo did. Cee-Lo paved to way for artists like him and Cudi, while in his own lane, will be going in the same direction. Cudi is still in the stage of his career where he is proving himself.

Jacques Morel : The Experience said...

Hmm. But do you think that Cudi can actually survive in the turmoil we call the rap industry? I mean his sound is unique and his songs are getting played...but I feel songs liek Day N Nite were only played because Jim Jones covered it.